Click +1-702-871-7884 to call us orSchedule an Appointment

Back Taxes and Delinquent Taxes

Each year, people fail to file their tax returns. Some of these individuals don’t do it because they procrastinate so long that they miss the deadline and simply decide not to bother. Other individuals purposely neglect to complete their tax returns and send them off to the IRS because they want to avoid paying their taxes. No one expects to get caught, or at least that is what they hope. Nonetheless, it is important, and in your best interests, to file your past tax returns and pay the tax, interest, and penalties that you owe as soon as possible. As time passes, your penalties increase and so does the amount of your tax liability.

No matter what your reasons are, if you haven’t filed your tax returns in one or more years, it is possible that you owe back taxes. Either take the task on yourself or have a tax service specialist assist you with this process. First, you will need to gather all of the appropriate forms and necessary documentation for each year that you have failed to file your tax returns. In order to provide the most accurate returns, you should search thoroughly for all of the financial information relating to each year’s tax return that you must file. Once you complete your missing tax returns, be sure to go over them with care to ensure that all of the information is accurate. If you decide that you simply are not up to the task of completing your delinquent tax returns by yourself, consult with a tax service representative.

Not only will you receive the guidance you need on what type of documentation you should gather, but you will also be able to relax knowing that your tax return is in the hands of professionals.

Can you e-file back taxes?

You cannot e-file Back taxes. You can hand deliver them or submit  through mail service. If you have more than one delinquent tax form to complete, you  must mail them separately. If you want proof that the IRS has received your tax returns, you may want to submit them using certified mail.

What if your delinquent taxes are substantial in amount?

If your taxes have been delinquent for quite some time, you may owe a substantial sum of money. This is especially true due to the interest charges and penalties that may be assessed on your debts. If necessary, you may be able to work out a payment plan with the IRS that enables you to make payments that allow you to continue to pay your daily living expenses.